Search This Blog

Monday, July 2, 2012

Great Post by Brian Clark on 'Centering on the Audience' • Phenomenal Work

This is an excellent call to think about design as both the object and/or experience being created and the context in which we encounter that object and/or experience. I fully agree.

'Despite my love of dead German philosophers and obscure art theories, I’m a pretty practical guy (for a mad scientist.) I don’t see a phenomenal work mindset as an abstraction; I see it as a framework that actually makes real work better. I look at the way these ideas revolutionized art and science and philosophy, I read the words our predecessors have written about how it changed the way they thought about life and art, and I wonder: isn’t it time for the Networked Age to absorb in those same concepts? All it takes is another translation of phenomenology in a way that makes sense to the now, so let me start with a provocation and then humbly offer up a translation of minds greater than mine that left these gifts for us we’ve failed to unwrap...'

full post here -

http://phenomenalwork.com/post/26339026916/centering-on-the-audience

Posted via email from Siobhan O'Flynn's 1001 Tales

No comments: