Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Projector Films - DIY Twitter Movie - Kristi Barnett's advice if you want to do it.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Great Interview on ProjectorFilms blog with Kristi Barnett:

"How did you find the interactive element of the story? Did people get involved? Or were they passive?

It was great. I chose to make the interactivity simply people’s reactions to her tweets and their replies to her on twitter (and Facebook). I used my phone to reply back because I was normally away from my PC when the story was rolling out. I had females and males interacting and replying to her and loving the story. They were really getting into it and I could definitely see she had a core group of fans. What was interesting was that even when people knew she was a character and this was a story, they would still interact and try to warn her or ask her how she was feeling. I loved that people were “playing” along with it. You can see some of the reactions to the story and her character here. I also got the sense that people did want to have a say in what Karen did and how she reacted, so it would’ve been nice if I’d had more money and time to give them a chance to dictate the story more. I wanted to shoot alternative scenes with the actors and alternative endings. Then guide the audience into choosing what Karen and Darren should do via the tweets. Then based on the majority I would choose a scene. Like one of those “Pick a Path” books. I also thought about running another Twitter account from the perspective of Darren or even the Other Darren at the same time. My God, I don’t want to think how I would’ve made that happen, lol. ...."

Posted via email from Siobhan O'Flynn's 1001 Tales

No comments: